731311 Project management - advanced
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Wytrzens, Hans Karl
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
The final determination of the deepening contents is made in agreement with the students depending on their preferences and interests. Possible contents might be, e.g.:
•project guidance (tasks and tools)
•special aspects of project planning (application of creativity techniques; specification of project ideas, formulation of project goals, evaluation of project profitability, logical framework approach)
•feedback techniques in the project work
•agile project management
•project change management
•project risk management
•project steering and controlling
•project documentation and project reports
•soft skills (ability to work in a team/conflict resolution)
•operating figures in project management
•project management information systems
- Previous knowledge expected
Passed exam of an introductory project management course is recommended.
Previous expierence in practical project work is beneficial.
Previous knowledge can be checked in a placement test (for the preparation you may use the textbook "Wytrzens, H. K., 2014. Projektmanagement. Der erfolgreiche Einstieg. 4th edition. Vienna: Facultas"). If the number of students who are interested in participating in the course exceeds 20 persons, only students with the best test results will be accepted for the course.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
•delving into project management competences
•collecting and evaluating of practical experiences with project work
•training of social skills
At the end of the course students are able to
• make themselves familiar with special issues of project management on their own,
• independently develop their project management skills and soft skills,
• choose and use specific project management tools,
• reflect on their own project experiences systematically as well as to develop improvement strategies,
• use project analysis and evaluation tools.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.