731322 Energy economics and policy
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Schmidt, Johannes
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
- Natural and technical basics of energy economics
- Energy demand and supply
- Energy markets (oil, gas, electricity)
- External cost of energy production and the role of renewable energies
- Energy policy instruments with special focus on environmental policies (e.g. Pigou tax, emission trading)
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Rising population numbers and increasing living standards boost the worldwide energy demand. Energy producers face the challenge to increase their energy supply and simultaneously reduce negative environmental impacts of energy production. Participants gain a basic understanding of energy demand and supply and of the particularities of energy markets. They will also learn to assess the effects of energy policies on energy markets.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.