731332 Econometrics - seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Morawetz, Ulrich
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
* Short intro in the software R
* Identification strategies in econometrics
* analyzing econometric articles on structure, identification strategy and estimation in the software R
Participants present econometric papers. The presentations are based on predetermined structure which includes the points discussed in the first part.
For details see: http://www.wiso.boku.ac.at/ulrichmorawetz.html
- Previous knowledge expected
Econometrics (learnt e.g from the lecture econometrics at BOKU, 731.338 or very good knowlege of regression analysis from the statistics lecture),
basic knowlege of the programming language R (e.g. learnt at the "Statistics with R" (851.309) course at BOKU)
and sufficient English to understand the articles we will read.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
By replicating econometric articles participants should understand how to write an econometric paper on their own. In particular how to structure the text, how to chose the model and how to implement in in R.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.