- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Morawetz, Ulrich
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
* What is econometrics and what are the sub-fields
* Understanding the assumptions of the simple and multiple regression model for cross-section data
* Understanding the consequences of violations of the assumptions
* Interpretation of estimated coefficients
* Hypothesis tests about one and several estimated coefficients
* Choice of functional form
* Dummy variables
* Estimation under heteroskedasticity
* Panel Daten
* Estimating econometric models with R
Detailed information available at:http://www.wiso.boku.ac.at/ulrichmorawetz.html
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The objective of the lecture is that participants understand which statistical properties a multiple cross-section regression model has to have to allow a Ceteris Paribus interpretation of the estimated coefficients. Based on this students are expected to understand models specifications. This is important if you want to judge the results of others or want to develop a model by yourself.
Familiarity with the software R is improved.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.