733320 Environmental management and environmental information systems for businesses
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Jasch, Christine
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
The lectures provide an overview of the tools available for environmental management in a commercial enterprise. The relevant international standards (the ISO 14000 series) are also examined. The following subjects are covered:
- Environmental management systems and auditing
- Environmental product labelling
- environmental performance evaluation
- Product LCAs
- Environmental cost accounting
- Environmental reporting Particular attention is given to case-studies which illustrate methods for ecological auditing of products and enterprises and the implementation of the EMAS regulation.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Knowledge on international standardisation and EU regulation in the field of environmental management; Basics of methods therefor applied; Procedure for bechmarking and ranking of environmental reports.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.