893323 Seminar on energy economics
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Al Afif, Rafat , Wolf, Magdalena
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
In a scientific presentation students shall present a thermodynamic, refrigeration engineering, energy technology or energy- economic problem that has been worked out by studying literature and / or as part of a master thesis. Additionally, an abstract about the chosen topic must be prepared (1-2 pages DIN A4) including all important facts of the presentation. After the presentation, a critical discussion of the scientific results as well as a discussion of the presentation itself is being considered.
The topics inlcude i.a.:
- sustainable and resource-efficient energy production and energy consumption
- energy economical analysis of production processes of different sectors
- energy economical analysis of power plants
- energy markets (e.g. Austria, Germany, Europe)
- legislation and rules in the energy sector (z.B. Ökostromgesetz, Elektrizitätswirtschafts- und organisationsgesetz)
- renewable energy production
- bioeconomic: production and use of organic resources in the energy sector
Students can suggest their own topics in the field of energy economics.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The participants practically present the state of the art in energy technology and/or energy economics for specific topics. The participants critically discuss the presentations of their colleagues.
Practical experience in presenting scientific issues.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.