893360 Energy engineering
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2020
- Languages of instruction
• Steam power plants
• Combined heat and power (CHP) production
• Waste incineration plants
• Gas turbine combined cycle power plants
• CO2 capture and storage
• Power to Fuel (Gas / Liquid)
• Heat grids and district heating systems
• Heat pumps and active waste heat recovery
• Energy technology in buildings
- Previous knowledge expected
Physics including thermodynamics (e.g. VO 892.104 + VO 893.103 or VO 892.105 + VO 893.112)
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
• The students know the essential parts of the present energy system and the approximate share of the different primary energy sources in Austria.
• The students know the basic principles of energy conversion including the conversion of thermal energy to electrical energy.
• The students know examples of practical energy conversion units and are able to explain the processes.
• The students are able to discuss different energy conversion routes on a comparative basis.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.