833319 Seminar in global change and ecosystems
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Zaller, Johann
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
This seminar complements and extents the lecture VO 833.318 Global Change and Ecosystems. In the focus will be the following anthropogenic, global changes and their effects on organisms and ecosystem: greenhouse effect (atmospheric CO2 concentrations, warming, extreme weather events), ozone hole vs. surface ozone, increasing nitrogen deposition, land use change, decline in biodiversity, light pollution, noise pollution, plastic pollution, genetically modified organisms, pesticide use. In this seminar topics from the lecture will be complemented and deepened by student presentations. Great emphasis will be given on a critical discussion of the relevant scientific literature.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
1. Learn how to utilize relevant scientific data bases
2. Critical discussion of scientific literature and knowledge
3. Improvement of presentation skills
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.