732351 Policy of nature protection and environmental policy
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Pülzl, Helga
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2019/20
- Languages of instruction
This course gives students an overview of environmental policy and politics at the national, supranational (EU) and international level. The course builds upon public administration, political science, and economic theory. In this class we will analyze basic concepts and tools for evaluating the outcomes and effectiveness of environmental policies. In particular, we will:
- Give an overview of the development of environmental policy and politics;
- Sketch the roles of the different actors (political parties, administration, interest groups, the media, scientists) in environmental policy;
- Discuss different approaches to environmental policy and planning;
- Give an overview of environmental policy instruments and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of these instruments;
- Discuss developments in international environmental policy and the impacts of these developments on environmental policy in Austria.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The objective of this course is to acquaint the students with terms and concepts that shape the analysis of environmental issues at the national, supranational (EU) and international level.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.