933312 Interdisciplinary excursion on organic agriculture
This page is available under these URLs:
- Field trip
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Leitgeb, Friedrich
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2021
- Languages of instruction
4-day excursion in the regions of Styria, Carinthia, Slovenia, Friuli Venezia Giulia
Alpe-Adria is a bioregion in Central Europe, embracing all of Slovenia, the Austrian states of Carinthia and Styria, and the Italian regions of Friuli-Venezia-Giulia and Veneto. As of 2004, it is the subject of a proposal to create the world's first organic bioregion.
During the excursion, organic farms of different farm types and sizes as well as processing facilities and organic farming organizations will be visited.
Costs: 200 € / person
The fee has to be transferred to the BOKU excursion account after the preliminary meeting
* Arrival and departure from Vienna by bus
* Bus transfer on site
* 3x accommodation with breakfast in shared room
* Farm visits
* Lunch and dinner
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
* to get to know organisation, structures and development of organic farming in selected countries,
* to understand the current situation of organic farming in Romania in the context of the historical development,
* become acquainted to the strengths and chances as well as weaknesses and threats of organic farming,
* to put a focus on organic farming across the borderline of Austria.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.