933319 Global case studies on organic agriculture
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Vogl, Christian R. , Vogel, Nora
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2020/21
- Languages of instruction
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and regulations/suggestions of our government and the BOKU rectorate, this course will be done only online via ZOOM, in winter term 2020/2021.
For ensuring that this course does not overlap with other courses, we will have only a few OBLIGATORY Zoom-Meetings scheduled at fixed dates, but all other activities can be done according to your own timeline – according to the time frame set and explained in BOKUlearn. The updated information in BOKUlearn will be available after Oct. 1st, 2020.
The course 933.319 is a preparation for the project 933.323 and can only be attended together with this project. Please note and therefore also take into account the information for 933.323 and register - if interested - for both courses.
Course 933.319 is designed to take all necessary and meaningful steps so that you can plan, implement and complete your project 933.323 in a well prepared way.
1. Discussion of the process and project plans of the participants;
2.a. Phase of individual consultation and support in the individual implementation of your project;
2.b. Parallel to 2.a. Writing a written text for the implementation of your project (project plan including method manual and state of knowledge);
3. Presentation of your project as a poster.
- Previous knowledge expected
1. Knowledge on organic agriculture required (e.g. exam in an introductory course on organic farming).
2. Students of the Master OF & AES is given priority in the registration, then second priority is given to other master students. Bachelor degree is a precondition.
3. Good skills in reading and summarizing scientific and technical literature, and presenting the results, are of advantage.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Upon completion of this course the students will be able to:
Being able to explain how a complex, strategically important and risky project has to be planned.
Having prepared the own project on organic farming in tropical and subtropical countries, so that it can be implemented starting from March 2021 – September 2021.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.