933323 Project: Organic farming in tropical and subtropical regions
This page is available under these URLs:
- Project course
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Vogl, Christian R.
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2021
- Languages of instruction
In summer term 2021,
1. this course will be done online only (no presence at BOKU / in Vienna necessary);
2. for this course, the schedule will be modified. To allow high flexibility for the students and for avoiding “ZOOM-fatigue”, only a few meetings(very likely at the beginning the first and the second meeting, and one meeting at the end of the semester) will be done through ZOOM. So please note down the first and the second meeting as ZOOM meeting. The access code will be sent through BOKUonline by Mail three days before the course. In the first meeting you will get additional updated details on the schedule.
3. for this course, all activities proposed and work load expected during the summer term can be done at your own pace. Nevertheless, the final deadline for having completed all activities end of the semester.
4. this course will be supported by BOKUlearn. You will get access to updated information on the procedure, latest three days before the first meeting.
Transform a private trip to a tropical or subtropical country into a meaningful learning experience, formally recognized in your curriculum!
Bear in mind that COVID-19 may still make long-distance travel difficult in 2021. But we also have subtropics and tropics in the European Union - with organic farming!
This course gives you the opportunity to prepare, accompany and follow up on a "private" project planned for the year 2021, such as the work doing WWOOF, a trip, an internship in a project of regional development or development aid
in a competent and structured way - if related to organic agriculture and taking place in the tropics or subtropics.
The successful participation in the course 933.319 is obligatory for participating in 933.323. You did not know that? No problem. You can do 933.319 also in parallel with 933.323 in summer term 2021.
Please note and therefore also take into account the information for 933.319 and register - if interested - for both courses.
Please bear in mind that this project can be an excellent preparation or, if necessary, support or follow-up to your master thesis! More about this in course 933.319!
- Previous knowledge expected
1. Knowledge on organic agriculture required (e.g. exam in an introductory course on organic farming).
2. Students of the Master OF & AES is given priority in the registration, then second priority is given to other master students. Bachelor degree is a precondition.
3. Good skills in reading and summarizing scientific and technical literature, and presenting the results, are of advantage.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completing this course:
students have aquired in-depth knowledge and practical experience in the practice of organic agriculture in a country of the Global South.
Students know scientific debates and have own experiences from the reality of organic farming in a country of the global South
Students can present in an appealing, structured and technically correct way their experiences.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.