913338 Natural resource management in mountain forests
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Lexer, Manfred , Hochbichler, Eduard , Klumpp, Raphael Thomas , Vacik, Harald
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2021
- Languages of instruction
This module will be subdivided in 4 parts on natural resource management. After a joint introductory lecture with representatives of all involved disciplines the specific techniques and methodological approaches will be presented. Case studies in natural resources management will be jointly organised by all involved disciplines. Existing case studies will be reviewed and commented by the students in an inter /- transdisciplinary approach.
- Introductory Lecture
- Silviculture and Agroforestry
- Rangeland management/Silvopastoral landuse
- Silviculture fieldtraining
- Case Study in Natural Resource Management
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
To promote student understanding of the concept of natural forest ressource management systems relevant to mountain forests; the students shall develop the necessary skills to design and implement management activities and to monitor and evaluate the outcome of operations.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.