933338 Ethnobotany - research and application
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Vogl, Christian R.
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2021
- Languages of instruction
In summer term 2021,
1. this course will be done online only (no presence at BOKU / in Vienna necessary);
2. for this course, the schedule will be modified. To allow high flexibility for the students and for avoiding “ZOOM-fatigue”, only a few meetings(very likely at the beginning the first and the second meeting, and one meeting at the end of the semester) will be done through ZOOM. So please note down the first and the second meeting as ZOOM meeting. The access code will be sent through BOKUonline by Mail three days before the course. In the first meeting you will get additional updated details on the schedule.
3. for this course, all activities proposed and work load expected during the summer term can be done at your own pace. Nevertheless, the final deadline for having completed all activities end of the semester.
4. this course will be supported by BOKUlearn. You will get access to updated information on the procedure, latest three days before the first meeting.
This course is a seminar.
Themes will be proposed for seminar papers that will allow you to deepen your specific interests in the field of ethnobotany.
You will get specific hints in which sources you find information on these topics.
The goal is to write a brief seminar paper on the topic that interests you in the field of ethnobotany, which must be completed before the course 933337. The preparation of the term paper is not only about creating a concise text but also about the visualization of complex insights using graphics, flowcharts, infographics, etc.
(In the course 933337 you will get a broader view of ethnobotany in addition to your topic)
- Previous knowledge expected
Good knowledge of English language
Participation in the lecture Introduction to Ethnobotany 933.015 is recommended
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
By participating in this seminar you will
... have deepened your interest in ethnobotany in a specific field.
... have practiced techniques of searching for literature as well as the summary presentation of contents from scientific articles.
... have learned and practiced techniques for visualizing results
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.