874102 Vegetation engineering
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Pitha, Ulrike
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2020/21
- Languages of instruction
• Revegetation methods: dryseeding, hydroseeding, bitumen-straw cover seeding; seed monitoring and quality testing; revegetation of slopes, ski pistes, hay meadows, pastures;
• seeding and maintenance of turfs; decorative turf, amenity turf, playground turf, gravel turf;
• construction and maintenance of sports grounds and golf courses;
• nursery: cultivation of woody plants
• tree and shrubs planting in urban areas
• tree assessment and arboriculture
• planting and maintenance of wind breaks, noise screens and waste gas screens or dams;
• revegation of disused mines, rubbish tips, disused quarries and gravel pits;
• revegetation of walls, fences, pergolas, front- and roof greens of buildings;
• construction and maintenance of ponds.
- Previous knowledge expected
Technical basic knowledge and technical understanding ,
Knowledge of the structure of the plant and botanical classification
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Introduction in the engineering and use of graminaceous plants, herbage, bushes and trees for engineering design in urban and rural areas.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.