913045 Vegetation modelling
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Lexer, Manfred
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2021
- Languages of instruction
- introduction to forest vegetation modeling (concepts)
- static equilibrium models
- mathematical background (methods; Bayesian techniques, regression, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic)
- forest dynamics models
- history of succession modeling
- growth, reproduction, mortality in succession models
- modeling the environment and ist effect on vegetation development
- how to evaluate longterm models?
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The objective of this course is to aquaint students with the theory and application of approaches to model distribution and dynamics of forest vegetation. The course provides an overview on existing modeling techniques and approaches, both static equilibrium models and dynamic vegetation models of the patch-model type. The course provides knowledge on the possibilities and constraints of vegetation models in natural resource management decision support.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.