816003 Application of GIS in hydrology and water management
This page is available under these URLs:
- Exercise course
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2021
- Languages of instruction
The course focuses on hands-on exercises of topics thaught in the course "816.347 Application of GIS in Hydrology and Water Management". Apart from the application of standard GIS-tools or the mapping and visualisation of GIS-data, methods frequently used in Hydrology and Water Management will be introduced. These include catchment and stream network delineation, interpolation techniques or the estimation of water balance components.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Students will gain knowledge in the application of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Hydrology and Water Management through hands-on exercises. This includes
- the application of standard GIS-tools (e.g. spatial joins, overlay, buffer, etc.);
- mapping and visualisation of GIS-data and results;
- catchment and stream network delineation, including pre-processing of digital elevation models;
- application and comparison of different interpolation techniques;
- estimation of water balance components.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.