872079 Special excursion in applied geology
This page is available under these URLs:
- Field trip
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Straka, Wolfgang , Voit, Klaus
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2022
- Languages of instruction
(1) Slope movement of Kreisbach near Wilhelmsburg:
Multiphase, active landslide in the flysch zone.
(2) Slope movement "Am Salcher" in Gresten:
Monitoring system, scientifically supervised by the University of Vienna.
(Prof. Glade; explanations by a staff member).
(3) Debris flow "Gallenzerkogel" in Hollenstein/Ybbs:
Measuring and warning system, scientifically supervised by BOKU (IAN).
(4) Earth stream Eckerwirt near Konradsheim near Waidhofen/Ybbs:
Old and new, constantly active and widening, landslides
with subsequent earth flow.
- Previous knowledge expected
Basics in Geology and Geomorphology
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Morphology and geology of slope movements
- Transition zone solid/loose rock landslides
(variable solid rock)
- Effects on property and land use
- Tasks of the authority
- Observation technique and warning systems
- Possibilities of forecasting, possible countermeasures
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.