731101 Project management
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Wytrzens, Hans Karl
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2022
- Languages of instruction
The course is a practical introduction to project management. It explains the what, why, when and how of this form of management. The course shows the applicability of project management, especially in life sciences and biotechnological work. Basics of project organization, techniques of project planning, building and leading of project teams, project communication (negotiating and bargaining), monitoring and controlling projects, and closing projects were presented. Thus the brief introduction addresses key issues for successful project work. A specific focus is laid on project planning and group dynamics in teamwork.
- Previous knowledge expected
Basic knowledge on high school level
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
•Transfer of basic knowledge about conceptual design, realisation and control of projects
•Give students first practical experience with planning, and implementation of projects
•By the end of the course, students will be familiar with basic knowledge of planning, organizing and managing projects from start to finish.
By the end of the course students are able to
• formulate project objectives, deliverables, exclusions and limits,
• check project feasibility and present project drafts,
• analyse and evaluate project documents,
• apply tools for project planning and implementation,
• evaluate project management performances.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.