831138 Systematic botany (forestry)
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Tremetsberger, Karin
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2022
- Languages of instruction
Overview of the plant system (land plants: mosses, vascular spore plants and seed plants) and discussion of the most important families with regard to Central European forest ecosystems.
Basics of recording and describing the diversity of plant forms.
Use of plant characteristics to understand evolution in the plant kingdom.
- Previous knowledge expected
831133 UE General botany
831135 VO General botany
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Graduates of this course will be able to
- recognise and describe the diversity of forms in the plant kingdom
- assess the importance of different traits for the expression of diversity
- interpret structures and progressions in terms of the evolution of species
- assess ways of dealing with the phenomenon of diversity
- record and evaluate plant biodiversity in forest ecosystems
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.