940326 Pathophysiology for biotechnologists
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Pietschmann, Peter , Pifl, Christian
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2022
- Languages of instruction
Part of Prof. Christian Pifl (Center of Brain Research, Medical University of Vienna): neurodegenerative diseases (e.g. Morbus Alzheimer, Morbus Parkinson, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis).
Part of Prof. Peter Pietschmann (Institute of Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna): diabetes, adipositas, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis.
- Previous knowledge expected
Basic knowledge in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After successful completion of the course, the participants will have gained
- a general understanding of the physiological processes that lead to the development of chronic and acute metabolic disorders
- knowledge of the most important therapeutic approaches for the treatment of patients with such diseases.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.