731319 Economics of externalities and social resources
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Schmid, Erwin , Mitter, Hermine
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2022
- Languages of instruction
- Introdcution in Paretian welfare economics in context of the general equilibrium theory
- Theory of external effects; social optimality; optimal pollution regulation; policies in attaining social optimality; analysis of multiple market failures; theory of second best.
- Economics of public goods; public goods and social optimality; private and social efficient prices for public goods; quasi-public goods.
- Methods for measuring external benefits and costs.
- Asymmetric information: adverse selection, signaling, moral hazards, incentive contracting.
- selected topics: waste economics, renewable energy economics, water economics, climate economics
- Previous knowledge expected
Introduction in micro-economics and environmental and resource economics
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
basic and advanced knowledge in the contents of the course
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.