976099 Environmentally relevant aspects of animal nutrition
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Wetscherek, Wolfgang
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2022
- Languages of instruction
Land requirements for the production of feed for different animal species and performance levels
• Legal framework
• Comparison of the necessary resources (water, energy, nutrients) per produced food
o calculation models
o CO2 foodprint, Food Competition Animal - People
• Possibilities to reduce P or N excretion
• Possibilities of improving nutrient availability in feed (eg: enzyme additives, destruction of negative ingredients)
• Alternatives to animal food and their environmentally relevant aspects with the example of insects
- Previous knowledge expected
Basic principles of animal nutrition and feed
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
• Provide information on the legal framework and the consequences for animal nutrition
• Understanding the relationships that influence the resource requirements of the production of animal food.
• In the seminar part of the course, the students should learn a critical treatment of information on this topic by means of literature examples and present it and discuss it in the group.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.