731113 General and rural sociology
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Tunst - Kamleitner, Ulrike , Fischer, Judith , Vogel, Stefan , Altenbuchner, Christine
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2022
- Languages of instruction
The course provides an introduction to the structure of social relationship as constituted by social interaction in the agricultural sector. Main issues of the course are:
(1) the family farm business
(2) the change of values and environmental behavior in agriculture
(3) social capital in agricultural and regional development
(4) selected modern social theory in agricultural sociology
The course involves lectures and group work with discussions.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Students shall obtain an overview of main theories used and main issues discussed in contemporary sociology of agriculture and food. The interdisciplinary combination of theoretical approaches and empirical findings shall lead to an understanding of the sociological interpretation of the development of agriculture.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.