854303 Regional economy and subsistence culture
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Bennholdt-Thomsen, Veronika , Fischkandl, Lydia
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2021/22
- Languages of instruction
This lecture gives an introduction on regional economy and subsistence culture and their interlinkage.
Exemplified by Bolivia and Ecuador, who have integrated a clear anti-neoliberal position in their constitutions, Veronika Bennholdt-Thomsen discusses the concept and practice of Buen Vivir ("a good life") and outlines what buen vivir could mean in an European context.
Following topics will be covered:
- the link between Buen Vivir, subistence culture and regionalisiation
- alternatives to economics of growth
- Andean philosophie/cosmo vision
- the movement and the theories of demonetarisation and gift economy
- the debates on regional economy and commons in Europe and in the Andes
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completion of the lecture students
- will have an new perspective of regional economy and subsistence culture
- will have an overview of the indigenous philosophy of growth and economy
- will be able to critically reflect on current dominating economic concepts, dependencies and exploitation and modern colonialisation
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.