790435 Scientific writing BioproEng
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Dürauer, Astrid
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2021/22
- Languages of instruction
• Why scientists write - background on scientific publications• Finding the right journal - the impact factor and other metrics
• Publication ethics - plagiarism and more
• The Peer Review process - what is an Editor looking for?
• Writing structure of an article (IMRD vs RMID)
• Presenting data - figures and tables
• Good titles
• Abstract writing
• Sections of a scientific article - Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion
• Writing a Cover letter• Revisions and responses to reviewer comments
• What happens after acceptance
• General writing tips
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After successful completion of this course, students are able to illustrate and discuss the details of the scientific publication process, including peer review and publication ethics. They will be able to draft their own publications with the provided toolbox of scientific writing guidelines .
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.