951115 Plant nutrition
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Manschadi, Ahmad M.
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2021/22
- Languages of instruction
The lecture deals with the nutrient supply to the plant and the use of these substances by the plant. Focus of the course on the one hand, the nutritional physiology (absorption and transport mechanisms, function and importance of macro and micro nutrients, nutrient cycles, the diagnosis of deficiency and excess symptoms) and on the other hand the relation soil-plant (interaction between root system and rhizosphere, nutrient transport and nutrient availability).
- Previous knowledge expected
Basic understanding of organic and anorganic chemistry
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The learning outcomes include knowledge and skills in the field of plant nutrition .
students are able to:
• master the basics of plant nutrition
• recognize the importance of mineral nutrients for the growth and yield formation of crops
• define the processes of carbon assimilation of the plant and the nitrogen cycle in agro-ecosystems
• describe the nutrient intake of the plant and the nutrient transfer in the plant
• explain the physiological properties and functions of plant nutrients
• diagnose the typical deficiency symptoms of macronutrients and micronutrients
• interpret physiological relationships between functions of the individual nutrients and caused deficiency symptoms.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.