731314 Strategies of sustainability
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2021/22
- Languages of instruction
In the seminar we deal with:
- sustainability discourses, their differences and commonalities, and ways to develop them further.
- sustainability strategies of different actors, e.g. individuals, educational institutions, companies, public actors.
- concepts, models or theories to analyze the behavior of different actors.
- selected case studies, which students analyze independently and present in poster presentations.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Upon successful completion, the students will be able to:
- define selected concepts, models or theories related to sustainable development and explain their advantages and disadvantages.
- apply these concepts, models or theories for specific cases and analyze and evaluate specific applications.
- reflect on personal attitudes and values towards individual sustainability strategies and analyze them with regard to their added value for society as a whole.
- analyze and evaluate sustainability strategies of selected organizations and institutions (e.g. educational institutions) along the dimensions of sustainable development.
- independently refine and enhance sustainability strategies of different actors (e.g. individuals, companies).
- communicate findings and perceptions clearly and value-free.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.