This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Voit, Klaus , Straka, Wolfgang , Zangerl, Christian
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2021/22
- Languages of instruction
Introduction into the field of geology with particular focus on fundamental geological processes.
1) Why Geology?
2) The earth (earth structure, seismology, heat flow, earth magnetism, gravimetry isostasy)
4) Magmatism (igneous processes and volcanism)
5) Surface processes (sediments and sedimentary rocks)
6) Structural geology and plate tectonics
7) Metamorphic processes and rocks
8) Geological maps and cross sections
9) Geology of Austria
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- Fundamental knowledge about geological processes
- Acquirements about the genesis and composition of rocks
- Overview of applied geology including numerous case studies
- Training to think in geological processes and time spans
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.