737305 Environmental history
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Winiwarter, Verena , Schmid, Martin , Haidvogl, Gertrud
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2021/22
- Languages of instruction
The course starts with a generel introduction into the topics and methods of environmental history. This is followed by selected topics such as:
* Landuse and land cover change
* aquatic systems and resources
* Urban development and environmental consequences
* Trading and transprot and their impact on environment and biodiversity
* Climate history and societal impact
In the seminar part selected historical sources are presented and discussed. Further it comprises guided reading and presentation of selected scientific publications.
Environmental History, global history
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Participants should get insights into the topics and concepts of environmental history research based on introductory lectures and own reading and discussion of the most recent literature. They should learn how to critically evaluate the methodological and theoretical approaches of the discussed literature.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.