951104 Principles of crop production
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Kaul, Hans-Peter
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2021/22
- Languages of instruction
- Definition "crop production" and its role in rural landscape
- History of crop production and agronomic science
- Germination and crop establishment
- Effects of radiation, CO2 and water on dry matter production
- Crop morphology, development and yield production
- Intra- and interspecific competition
- Effects of crop husbandry on dry matter production
- Effects of crop production on the environment
- Crop production on the farm: fodder production, organic fertilizers and crop rotations
- Comparison of different cropping systems
- Previous knowledge expected
Minimum requirements are biology, physics and mathematics on Matura level,
more detailed knowledge of plant biology/botany will be helpful.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The students acquire knowledge about the preconditions for crop production and the basics of crop husbandry, mainly for field crops in temperate climates, including environmental side effects.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.