875337 Ecological and econimical issues in construction engineering
This page is available under these URLs:
- Project course
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Braun, Matthias , Kromoser, Benjamin , Hammerl, Mathias , Schretzmayer, Jürgen
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2021/22
- Languages of instruction
The lecture includes ecological and economical practices with building materials, components and structures in general. The focus is laid at the application of environmental life cycle assessment and life cycle cost analysis in construction.
- Overview Sustainable Building: Guidelines, standards, policies,
- Historical and recent development and future prospects,
- LCA in construction: methods and planning tools;
- Life-cycle cost analysis: methods and planning tools.
- Previous knowledge expected
Basic knowledge of the guiding principle of sustainable development
Basic knowledge of the construction industry: building construction, building physics
Basic knowledge of MS Excel
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Understanding of the theoretical background and practical application of life cycle assessments in the construction sector.
Application of life cycle assessments for building materials, components and buidlings.
Analysis of key-factors for the life cycle performance of buildings.
Analysis of methodological differences of life cycle assessments.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.