813301 Global waste management II
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
* What has influence on waste management in different countries?
* The concept "Integrated Solid Waste Management"
* Waste generation and prevention
* Waste collection and recycling
* Informal sector in waste management
* Management of organic waste
* Resources and recycling
* expert panel: INFORMAL RECYCLING
* students presentations (voluntary)
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After successfully passing this course, the students know about waste management systems in industrialised countries (European Union) as well as in low-income countries. They understand the main approaches of waste prevention, recycling and composting. They are able to apply the gained knowledge and adapt it with respect to specific regional waste management situations and challenges.
Beside knowledge on the state of the art in waste management, the students gain knowledge on economic and social factors and the fact, that large-scale technologies might not always be adapted solutions in low-income countries. Participants are sensitised also regarding the non-technical asepcts of waste management systems and that these aspects are often the reason of failures of interventions in low-income countries.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.