731370 Operations research and system analysis
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Schmidt, Johannes , Klöckl, Claude
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
The course provides an introduction to operations research and system analysis using the software package GAMS - General Algebraic Modeling System (www.gams.com):
- Definition of OR and its Modeling Approaches
- Introduction to Linear Programming and GAMS (Proportionality, Addidivity, Divisibility, Certainty, Graphical Solution, Simplex-Algorithm, Big M Method, Primal-Dual Relationships, Complementary Slackness, Degeneracy, Reduced Costs and Shadow Prices, Interpretation of results, post-optimality analysis, etc.
- Applied Mathematical Programming: transportation and assignment problems; multi-objective programming, mixed integer programming, sequential programming, dynamic programming, etc.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Know basics of linear programing inlcuding the simplex-aglorithm, the big M method, primal-dual relationships, shadow prices, reduced costs, objective function, constraints, basic and non-basic variables, etc.
Being able to build model formulations to real-life problems.
Being able to use GAMS to build these models and to do analyses.
Being able to build good models in GAMS.
Being able to interpret model solutions as well as to synthesize and report model results.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.