736306 Special administrative law for civil engineering
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Ennöckl, Daniel
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
The lecture will be held in German!
The course provides an introduction to water law and outlines important areas of environmental law.
In the water law part, emphasis will be put on permit procedures, granting of water rights, the protection and policing of waters as well as on the instruments of precaution and regeneration.
In the environmental law part, the course will provide an overview of the principles of environmental law, environmental provisions in European and international law as well as of the fundamentals of environmental constitutional law. Emphasis will be placed in particular on the following areas of environmental law: plant permit law, water law, nature protection law, waste management law, as well as environmental impact assessment, air quality law, the basics of the EU Emission Trading System and genetic engineering law. In addition, the course outlines the basics of the Austrian Environmental Information Act and the eco-audit system as well as of environmental private and environmental criminal law.
- Previous knowledge expected
No prior knowledge is required.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completing the course, the students are able to:
- Identify and describe the main areas of water law and environmental law.
- Detect and assess questions of water law and environmental law.
- In their professional activity, make informed decisions in compliance with legal requirements.
- Outline the instruments and principles of international, European and Austrian environmental law.
- Solve simple case constellations in environmental law independently.
- Analyse the legal framework of environmental policy discussion processes based on current European and Austrian legal developments.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.