911348 Forest soil biology
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Schindlbacher, Andreas
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
(2) Lectures on microbial decomposition in forests, factors of influence, soil organisms, effects of climate change.
(2) Excursions and method demonstrations:
- Field site with automated greenhouse gas flux measurments and C, N and water balance.
- Federal Research and Training Centre for Forests.
(3) Online research and presentations on selected topics/papers
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Understanding of the forest soil as a habitat for microorganisms, soil animals and plant roots. View of the reciprocal effects and activities of these organisms, their function and their dependence on the environment.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.