813303 Planning and assessment of waste management systems
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Obersteiner, Gudrun , Gollnow, Sebastian
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
- Introduction to the assessment of projects and plans - strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and life cycle assessment (LCA)
- Scenario development
- Details on impact assessment
- Modelling of waste treatment technologies in life cycle assessment
- Introduction to the life cycle assessment software GaBi
- Elaboration of a LCA case study using the GaBi-Software tool
- Previous knowledge expected
The content of the LVA Life cycle management (813.304) or similar knowledge to Life cycle Assessment, Impact categories, Assessment Methodologies... is expected.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Participants are able to assess waste management measures and to use specific soft ware tools (e.g. GaBi 6.0). They know basic methods and instruments for environmental assessment and can also evaluate them practically. The participants are able to independently calculate a life cycle assessment.
They have theoretical and practical knowledge of basic methods and tools for environmental assessment (LCA) and strategic desicion-making in waste management planning
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.