932111 Feeding management
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Knaus, Wilhelm Friedrich , Zollitsch, Werner
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
1) Feeding management: background information, synthesis of the criteria production system - livestock nutrition - feedstuffs;
2) Ration formulation for selected types of livestock;
3) Discussion of critical aspects, consequences of mismanagement, relevance for the practical on-farm situation.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Overview and basic understanding of herd management measures, explicitely dealing with group- and herd-oriented livestock feeding. Obtaining the ability to critically analyze feeding measures concerning their relevance for achieving optimum performance, animal health and welfare, product quality, ecological and economic baseline performance of the farming system.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.