912328 Agroforestry in mountain regions
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Hager, Herbert , Gratzer, Georg
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
agroforestry systems with tree components;
management purposes and techniques including silvo-pastoral systems;
principles of mixed species growth;
effects of agroforestry land-uses on ecosystems;
productivity of agroforestry systems and its evaluation.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- to become familiar with mixed species land-use systems, emphasis is given on agroforestry-uses in mountain areas
- to become familiar with ecological interactions in mixed land-use, its technical characteristics and socio-economical potentialities
- to know Agroforestry Systems of the past and still in use in Central Europe and traditional and new systems in tropical or subtropical regions.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.