834321 Biocultural diversity in rural landscapes
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Splechtna, Bernhard , Kriechbaum, Monika
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
- From Biodiversity to Biocultural diversity.
- Past and present situation, preservation strategies.
- Examples from Central Europe, the Alps, the Himalayas, Tibet and Japan.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- Discussion of contemporary concepts of nature conservation and possibilities of their sustainable implementation.
- Understanding the interrelationships of biodiversity with human land use, socio-economic and cultural factors.
- Arguments for the importance of biological and cultural diversity for our survival and life quality.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.