819340 Ecologically oriented methods and monitoring in river engineering
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Hauer, Christoph
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
- Basic principles in river engineering
- Relevance of measures for ecological questions
- Non structural - large scale measures
- Passive, active flood protection
- River widening
- Torrent control
- Vegetation impacts
- Power plants flushing etc.
- Gravel mining
- Measures against bed degradation
- National and international examples
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
The aim of this lecture is the presentation of river engineering methods, measures and monitoring. Thereby the methods are discussed with respect to ecological, technical and economical boundary conditions.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.