851309 Statistics with R
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Schönmann, Lukas , Laa, Ursula
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
R is a flexible and powerful statistics program that is freely available. It is a freeware implementation of the statistics language S, upon which the program system S-PLUS is based.
The introduction offered during this course is aimed at users of statistics who are interested in a noncommercial alternative to programs like SAS, SPSS, or S-PLUS. The following topics will be covered:
* Introduction to basic program handling (installation, commands, documentation; data entry and data administration; graphics)
* Demonstration of the language´s capabilities, using elementary statistical procedures (regression analysis, analysis of variance, contingency tables)
* Overview of possible extensions (finding and installing add-on packages; automatizing analyses; online-ressources), using advanced statistical procedures (e.g. cluster analysis), in accordance with the participants´ interests.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Participants should be able to use the basic functions of the R program system and to do elmentary statistical analyses. Furthermore, they should be able to acquire information about advanced capabilities for specific subjects autonomously.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.