736357 General environmental law
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
The lecture will be held in German!
The overall aim is to provide an overview of important areas of environmental law, of the principles of environmental law, its foundations in European and international law as well as of the fundamentals of environmental constitutional law.
Emphasis will be placed on the following areas of environmental law: plant permit law, water law, nature protection law, waste management law, environmental impact assessment law, genetic engineering law, air quality law and the basics of the EU Emission Trading System.
In addition, the course outlines the basics of the Austrian Environmental Information Act and the eco-audit system as well as of environmental private and environmental criminal law.
- Previous knowledge expected
No prior knowledge is required.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After completing the course, the students are able to:
- Identify and describe the main areas of environmental law.
- Detect and assess questions of environmental law.
- In their professional activity, make informed decisions in compliance with legal requirements.
- Outline the instruments and principles of international, European and Austrian environmental law.
- Solve simple case constellations in environmental law independently.
- Analyse the legal framework of environmental policy discussion processes based on current European and Austrian legal developments.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.