734185 Optimization modeling and natural resources I
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Hirsch, Patrick
- Offered in
- Sommersemester 2023
- Languages of instruction
* Introduction to optimization problems
* Formulation of optimization models
* Introduction to solution methods for optimization models
* Optimization problems in resource management
* Practical applications in resource management
- Previous knowledge expected
Knowledge about the contents of VU ABWL and fundamentals in mathematics.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Gaining basic knowledge in mathematical optimization and the ability to model basic optimization problems and solve them with suitable methods.
* Formulation of basic optimization models
* Solution of basic optimization models with MS Excel Solver
* Basic understanding for the functionality of heuristics and metaheuristics
* Identification of optimization problems in practical applications with focus on resource management
* Knowledge of case studies in the area of optimization in resource management
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.