874401 Building like nature & using nature based materials
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and seminar
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Stangl, Rosemarie , Gierlinger, Notburga
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
Nature offers unique materials and construction concepts to achieve remarkable multifunctional properties, e.g. being tough & self cleaning & self repairing, In these lecture selected examples will be introduced with focus on hierarchical structure and properties of natural materials and what we can learn for biomimetic material and construction design as well as best use of natural materials in sustainable engineering constructions like green fassades.
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
- have state-of-the-art knowledge on nature based solutions
- be able to discuss critically transfers from nature´s ideas to engineering approaches
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.