812350 Applications in river landscape management
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and field trip
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Muhar, Susanne , Sölkner, Lukas , Egger, Gregory , Unfer, Günther
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
(1) Introduction of the topics:
- River restoration and conservation programmes/ EU Life Projects, Natura 2000 National Parks
- Mitigation measures - River engineering/flood protection & Hydropower use
- Characterisation of the case study areas, presentation of implemented programmes and monitoring results
(2) Field excursion of 3 days
The lecture in combination with the field excursion aims to introduce applied river landscape management case studies to the students. Success and constraints as well as experiences will be discussed with graduates of universities, colleagues in administration and planning offices.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After successful completion of this module, participants are able to:
- Apply knowledge about ecological river management to discuss case studies in the field
- Assess success and constraints of different types of management measures;
- Identify appropriate planning tools for specific management tasks and problems;
- Cope with practical challenges and framework conditions for implementing management programs.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.