891328 Wood cutting, milling, moulding
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
Baisics of wood machining,
Wood plastic composites, compounding, extrusion technology, injection molding etc.
Fundamentals of machining, cutting materials and cutting optimization of cutting tools.
Chipless forming techniques of wood. Wood-plastic compounds and methods, extrusion and injection molding techniques
In the lecture part molding technique, in the industry commonly used manufacturing processes for molding technique (excl. Cutting shaping and Formgebund by injection molding and extrusion) will be presented. The idea of the manufacturing process follows the classification featured in the DIN.
Also methods outside wood and fobre technologies will be discussed (primarly metalworking).
For the Wood and Fibre technology manufacturing process for the original forms (press technology), the deformation (compression, bending, upsetting) and joining (laminating, layer glueing, etc.) will be discussed.
The three groups of potential shaping of wood and natural fiber materials will be discussed from a technological and material science point of view.
- Introduction: definitions, reasons for use, overview of the market situation
- Biotechnological processes for the production of bio-based polymer materials or bio-based monomers as starting materials: Fermentation raw materials and their availability, microbiological and procedural foundations; biotechnological production of selected products (PHAs, lactic acid and PLA, succinate / PBS and butanediol, 1,3 propanediol and PTT, Biopolyethylen, ...)
- Processing and shaping: Chemical derivatization / synthesis; Shaping (particularly thermoplastic shaping processes); Examples of processing processes in practice
- Characterization of the material properties: structures and microstructure; mechanical properties and related analytical and measurement methods (heat resistance, dimensional stability, ...)
- Biodegradation and disposal: Material properties regarding degradability; Reduction; Certification and labeling; Analytics; Ecology; Legal framework (recognition, approval, disposal technologies)
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Based on the knowledge of wood machining and tools and wood technologies, basic knowlegde on the wood machining process is provided. The second part of the lecuture deals with formgiving technologies derived from plastic industries such as extrusion an injection molding.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.