811108 Sanitary engineering and water pollution control
This page is available under these URLs:
- Lecture and exercise
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Thoma, Christopher , Stoica, Anca-Iulia , Neunteufel, Roman , Proksch, Philipp , Handl, Sebastian , Ertl, Thomas
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
* Legal aspects:
Austrian Water Act, legal regulations for the quality of groundwater and drinking water, wastewater ordinances. EU Directives.
* Water supply
- resource protection for water supply
- water extraction from surface water, well and spring water
- water demand and "wise use" of water
- storage systems and distribution
- water quality and technologies for water treatment
- Operation and protection of water supply systems.
* Wastewater treatment
- sewage: quantity and quality
- sewerage systems (waste- and stormwater)
- wastewater treatment (mechanical, biological, physical-chemical)
- biofilm systems, suspended growth systems
- aerobic processes
- anaerobic processes
- advanced treatment processes
- industrial water management
- sludge treatment, sludge disposal
* Water pollution control
* In addition to the lectures in the main topics practical works have to be done.
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Providing basic knowledge on water supply, wastewater treatment and water pollution control
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.