854318 Landscape planning project (landscape planning, recreational planning, environment protection and planning, spatial planning, water planning)
This page is available under these URLs:
- Project course
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Reinwald, Florian , Thiel, Sophie , Klein, Vivien , Damyanovic, Doris
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
- Englisch, Deutsch
Landscape planning project in Lustenau - state Vorarlberg - in the West of Austria.
We will apply evidence-based methods as well as methods used in social science. We will analyse the actual planning concept on city and neighbourhood level. The results will contribute to the sustainable development of open and green spaces with an emphasis on biodiversity in a existing neighborhood in the market town of Lustenau, Vorarlberg.
We will be in Lustenau for project days between 13.10. to 15.10.2022. Your in person participation during that time is mandatory.
Since we have to make reservations for accomodation etc. PLEASE MAKE SURE to make an advance payment worth 70€ to our bank account:
IBAN: AT84 3200 0010 0050 0512.
The account name and address is:
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Gregor Mendel-Straße 33 1180 Vienna.
Please include the following reason for payment in the bank transfer:
"LV 854318 Ordnungsplanerisches Projekt".
Please send a payment confirmation to email@example.com
You will receive some subsidy for the trip to Lustenau; however, please bare in mind that you still have expenses for each project day as well as the train ride to Lustenau and back to Vienna.
- Previous knowledge expected
BSc degree or almost graduating from Bachelor programme
- GIS skills are an asset
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
After the completion of this project students:
- can apply specific theories of landscape planning and open space planning in a planning setting similar to this project setting.
- have tested and developed further their knowledge of planning theories
- can apply the methods applied in this project in a similar setting.
- have gained confidence in choosing an appropriate research and project design for future projects in a similar context
- can identify, analyze and contextualize legal, sozio-economic and spatial aspects of similar projects
- know how to structure a project report.
- have improved their scientific writing and presentation skills
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.