970314 Environmental bioprocess engineering
This page is available under these URLs:
- Semester hours
- Lecturer (assistant)
- Offered in
- Wintersemester 2022/23
- Languages of instruction
This lecture on bioprocess engineering focuses on processes that are of key importance for environmental biotechnology. Beside a pure civil engineering part, emphasis is put on biological requirements of environmental methods and techniques. Results of practical experiments and full scale applications will be discussed.
The following topics will be covered:
- Contaminated Land Management
- Microbial Conversion and Storage of Renewable Energy
- Principles and Application of Anaerobic Digestion
- Biotechnological Valorisation of Organic Wastes and Residues
- Previous knowledge expected
- Objective (expected results of study and acquired competences)
Students will gain fundamental knowledge in environmental biotechnology and associated processes. They will be able to describe and explain techniques like biogas and composting plants. In addition, calculations for dimensioning of soil remediation facilities and for quantifying remediation success will be accomplished.
Students will understand the concept of sustainability and be able to finding solutions for environmental issues.
You can find more details like the schedule or information about exams on the course-page in BOKUonline.